Roast Shoulder of Lamb with Rosemary
should I make it?
This is a perfect dinner party
dish! You have about 10 minutes preparation work then you just leave
the lamb to slowly cook for hours!
you have to do when your guests
arrive is take it out of the oven and slice it up!
How long will it take?
It needs a good 4 hours of slow
cooking but the result is so worth the wait.
What ingredients do I need?
You will need
(should feed about 6 hungry people):
- 1 shoulder of lamb
- 4 or 5 good sprigs of rosemary
6 whole cloves of garlic (no need to chop or peel)
glass of white wine
& Black Pepper
Can I use any alternatives if I
can find certain
If you don't like lamb why not try this similar dish with pork.
preparation do I need to
do / what can I
do in advance?
are the main steps?
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and heat
olive oil in a pan large enough to hold the meat.
- On the stove, brown the meat in the pan to seal
it on all sides.
- Add rosemary, garlic and anchovies to the pan
followed by the wine.
- Leave on stove for a couple of minutes then place foil
around the pan to seal.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for an hour at
- After first hour, turn temparature down to 140
degrees and cook for a further 3 hours.
- Remove from oven, leave to rest.
- You will find juices have formed in the pan
which can be strained and used as a very tasty sauce.
How should I serve it?
Serve with roast potatoes and /or your choice of vegetable.
Are there any variations to
this recipe that I could
not also try the recipe for pork shoulder, just click here.
Like this recipe? Why not share
it with friends on Facebook?
Simply click on the button below: